Martial Blade Concepts Distance Learning Program Complete Package
$500 Annual Non-Recurring Subscription
Now includies Martial Blade Concepts Volumes 1 - 6, Practical Unarmed Combatives Volumes 1 - 3, and Junkyard Aikido videos — a $319.50 value!
Martial Blade Concepts (MBC) is one of the most practical, effective, and scientifically sound systems of self-defense ever developed. It combines the proven edged-weapon tactics of the Filipino martial arts, the destructive power of modern high-performance knives, and an in-depth understanding of human anatomy to yield a system of programmed reactions that can quickly and decisively disable even the most determined attacker.
Unfortunately, MBC has one critical flaw: There aren’t enough qualified instructors to share it with the thousands of people who want to learn it.
Previously, the next best thing to studying MBC with an authorized instructor was the Martial Blade Concepts video series from Stay Safe Media. Professionally shot and produced by fully certified MBC instructor Michael Rigg, these videos faithfully document the MBC system and its instructional methodology. For seasoned martial artists with a good analytical eye, these videos are all that’s necessary to learn the core skills and tactics of MBC. However, for less experienced martial artists or those who want to progress through their study even faster, conventional instructional videos may not be enough. Fortunately, there’s now an even better solution: the MBC Distance Learning Program.
I developed the Distance Learning Program (DLP) to bridge the gap between the conventional training perspective and the ideal learning environment—a private lesson. Think about it—when you attend a traditional seminar or watch an instructional video, you stand back and observe the instruction from a “third-party” perspective. While you may understand the basic concept and mechanics of the technique, you see it with a flat, two-dimensional view that’s difficult for your brain to process and your body to replicate. In a private lesson, however, you’re up close and personal. You not only get a closer view of the action; you also see it from more revealing angles and perspectives that allow you to appreciate depth and angles of motion much more clearly. And when you see things clearly, you understand them clearly and can replicate them much more easily.
With this program, you first watch the Martial Blade Concepts videos to get an overview of the information and a general idea of what you’re trying to achieve. You then watch the DLP videos to get detailed, step-by-step instruction in each specific topic or skill. Each DLP video is dedicated to a specific topic and provides a focused private lesson on that skill. As virtual private lessons with me, DLP videos not only show you the intricate details of MBC technique, they also include fine points and additional teaching elements that are typically reserved for my private MBC students.
The online portion of the DLP also goes far beyond the Martial Blade Concepts DVDs by providing focused instructional videos on many other topics—including special interest topics that are often too narrow to justify a traditional instructional video or DVD. To make the DLP even more focused and responsive, students enrolled in the program also have the opportunity to request specific topics to be included in the DLP library. If the current videos aren’t complete enough or don’t address a particular skill, I’ll produce a video lesson to fill that void and give you the information you need.
It is important to understand that the MBC Distance Learning Program is NOT a distance certification program. There’s only one way to become certified as an MBC instructor, and that’s to prove your skills and knowledge of the system during formal testing at my annual Martial Blade Camp in Colorado. If you want a mail-order certificate or want to be an instructor after a weekend of training, this is NOT the program for you.
If, however, you want to learn a logical, practical system of edged-weapon self-defense that is scientifically sound, ethically responsible, and consistent with the self-defense laws of modern society, the MBC DLP is the ideal solution.
The MBC DLP Complete Annual Subscription includes the following resources:
- A one-year subscription to the MBC online Distance Learning Program library. In addition to the current selection of instructional videos, the library will be updated regularly with other videos addressing all skill levels. The Distance Learning Program Library currently contains more than 32 hours of unique instruction.
- Complete access to Michael Janich's best-selling Stay Safe Media videos Martial Blade Concepts Volumes 1 - 6, Practical Unarmed Combatives Volumes 1 - 3 — Junkyard Aikido, a $319.50 value.
- Access to rare archival videos from Michael Janich’s private collection, as well as no-nonsense video product reviews, product modification tutorials, and critiques that can’t be shared publicly.
- Access to exclusive non-video instructional materials, including MBC training guides and reprints and expanded versions of many of my published articles. This access alone can save you hundreds of dollars at the newsstand.
- A one-year subscription to the official MBC e-mail newsletter, The Plan.
- Access to the MBC internet forum and the MBC training community. This closed forum is reserved only for serious students of MBC and was previously restricted only to those who had personally trained with me. It is a tremendous resource for asking questions, establishing training networks, and exchanging information.
- The right to request the production of videos on specific topics for inclusion in the DLP library.
- Two personalized video reviews of your MBC skills. You shoot and submit videos of you demonstrating your MBC skills and I will personally review and critique them, providing specific feedback to help you refine your technique and training goals.
- A $150.00 discount off tuition to Martial Blade Camp—the premier MBC training event of the year.
The combined value of all these materials and benefits is well over $1,000. Serious students of MBC have paid more than that for a single day of private training with me. The MBC Distance Learning Program Complete makes it all available to you for $500.
If you’re serious about learning Martial Blade Concepts—as well as a broad range of other personal-defense skills and knowledge—the MBC Distance Learning Program is for you.
Michael D. Janich
Please note that your annual subscription will not renew automatically. Annual subscription renewals will be offered at a 50% discount from the original subscription price.